Thursday, October 6, 2011

Well now that you mention standardized tests...

Jake- I agree that the institution is to blame and I hope I didn't upset you when I said teachers were at fault. I think all who believe in the "banking" method including teachers, students, advisors, etc are to blame...
It's interesting that you bring up the concept of standardized testing because it was a huge problem at my high school. I actually had a teacher who told us that we were only to learn information that would be on the FCAT... at the time I was like awesome less work for me.. but now I am like wow that teacher kind of screwed us over... Is the overall goal to teach to the test OR to teach to prepare for the test AND teach other information as well that can expand knowledge and stimulate critical thinking... Some claim that the FCAT does just that, but I haven't applied anything i've learned on the FCAT in my college level courses or even in my everyday life...

I would have commented on my original post but for some reason it is not working...

No comments:

Post a Comment